Tax Efficient Investment Solutions

Many people pay too much tax or miss out on opportunities to reduce their tax bill by failing to seek professional advice. Effective use of annual reliefs and exemptions can help to reduce income and capital gains tax liability.

  • Are you making the most of your annual ISA allowance?
  • If you have investments and you are a higher rate tax payer, or run your own business, you should have your position reviewed to ensure they are the most tax efficient for you.
  • Have you considered a Venture Capital Trust (VCT) or an Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) which may reduce your income tax liability or hold over a CGT gain?
  • If you are married and one of you pays a higher rate of tax than the other, there may be a way to reduce the tax that you are paying as a couple.
  • If you, or your partner, have been resident in the UK for 7 years or more and are either non UK domiciled or not ordinarily resident in the UK you should seek professional advice. You may be affected by the 2008 budget changes relating to the tax charge for unremitted foreign income and/or gains.
One of our Financial Advisers will be happy to discuss the options available to you.

The levels and bases of and reliefs from taxation are subject to change and their value depends on the individual circumstances of the investor. The value of your investments can go down as well as up due to investment market fluctuations and you may not get back the full amount invested.

The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate taxation advice.